The Dean’s 教育学证书 is offered by the two 研究生 Schools of 澳彩体育竞彩 and administered by the Dean of 研究生 Studies, 程雪梅教授. All graduate and post-doctoral students who would like to develop and improve their teaching abilities and experiences are invited to participate.
The program begins when a student notifies the Dean of 研究生 Studies of their interest in participating. Activities are student-driven, but are completed with faculty support and guidance.
当所有要求都得到满足时, participants schedule a meeting with the Dean of 研究生 Studies to review and discuss all relevant materials. Successful completion of the Certificate will be indicated on a student’s transcript.
参与四项 pedagogy workshops sponsored by the Teaching and Learning Institute (TLI) through SOWK B676: Making Space for Learning: Pedagogical Planning and Facilitation in Higher Education Contexts. These pedagogy workshops afford you the opportunity to systematically explore fundamental pedagogical issues and approaches, which include developing inclusive and 公平的 approaches to teaching and learning. Contact Kelly Gavin Zuckerman, 访问ing Assistant Professor of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about the pedagogy workshops.
虽然不是必需的, participants are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the following resources:
Pedagogy Circles for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or Pedagogy Circles support cross-constituency dialogue around developing inclusive, 公平的, and anti-racist approaches to teaching and learning across campus contexts (within and beyond classrooms). 联系Alison Cook-Sather, Mary Katharine Woodworth Professor of Education and Director of the Teaching and Learning Institute, email@example.com 浏览更多有关“教育学圈”的资料.
在线教学机构(OTI) for graduate students is a fully online opportunity in which graduate student instructors work together with support from Library and 信息rmation Technology Services (LITS) on the design of an online course. Contact Maria Ocando Finol, Educational Technology Specialist from LITS, firstname.lastname@example.org，以了解更多有关OTI的资料.
Complete a total of three activities designed to encourage a better understanding of your own teaching style and areas for growth and improvement. Complete at least two activities in Group I and choose one or two activities from Group II. Alternative activities may be developed in consultation with the Dean. Additional guidance regarding record keeping will be provided.
拜访三位不同的教员, 至少有一个是你部门以外的人, 做观察笔记, and meet to discuss your observations with the faculty member. (Alison Cook-Sather email@example.com，可以帮助你安排这些观察.)
- 如果你是T.A., arrange to have a faculty member observe your class session and give feedback on style and content. Or, videotape your class and critique it with a faculty member.
- 如果你是T.A. 或有教学经验, 讨论你的学生评价, 以及评估过程, 找个合适的教员. Use your most recent teaching activity as a basis for 这 discussion.
- 如果你不是T.A., make some form of pedagogical presentation (a workshop, a demonstration, etc.) that can be observed and critiqued by a faculty member live on or videotape. (Alison Cook-Sather firstname.lastname@example.org, can work with you to determine the most appropriate form for 这 presentation.)
(select one or two activities to be completed with a faculty mentor)
- 开发一门课程(选择阅读材料, 设计作业, 编写教学大纲, prepare three lectures with audio-visual or other enhancements). 要告知这项工作，请参见 这个资源 for decolonizing syllabi and developing 公平的 and inclusive courses.
- 开展一项非课堂活动. 例如, 设计一个实验室练习, 语言演练部分, 对话部分, 或者网络展览. 查阅资源，例如 这 for how such activities might be informed by attention to equity and inclusion.
- 写一系列的考试, 问题集, or other homework assignments (with solutions) for a class of your choosing. 告知本工作，考虑参与 本系列 注重评估的公平性.
- Be responsible for an ongoing seminar 系列, or develop and initiate a new 系列. 这些可以被模仿，例如，在 Pedagogy Circles for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 系列.
Create a teaching portfolio to document and reflect on your teaching experiences. You must include an artifact representation your completion of each of the requirements for the Dean's 教育学证书. All artifacts except the teaching philosophy and the self-assessment must be paired with a critical reflection in which you discuss the significance of the experience the artifact represents and the implications for you as a teacher. (N.B. One of the workshops offered through the TLI focuses on portfolio development.)一组可能的条目可能是:
b. Samples of insights you have gained from observing and talking with other faculty
Note: Many of these requirements (背景/基础知识, 第二组经验与思考, and the Portfolio) can be fulfilled or at least begun if you enroll in Education 301: Curriculum and Pedagogy Seminar (offered every fall semester); the assignments for that course can be tailored to allow you to meet all of the above criteria for the Dean’s Certificate. If you complete the course it will also appear on your transcript. 联系Alison Cook-Sather (email@example.com) 如果你对这个选项感兴趣.